The Pets Can Stay Premium designation requires that the establishment has met each of the following criteria. If you can answer yes to the following items, your property meets the premium certification standards of Pets Can Stay.
- Service – The establishment accepts pets and welcomes pet-toting travelers with the same level of service and hospitality that would be offered to guests without pets.
- Reasonable Pet Fees – Any additional fees charged to guests traveling with pets reflect the extra cleaning costs or maintenance expenses the lodging incurs for accepting pets. The fee does not represent a financial penalty to the pet owner for simply bringing an animal to the establishment.
- Acceptable Accommodation and Non-Smoking Options – Not withstanding federal, state, provincial or municipal health regulations and other related codes, guests and/or their pets are not designated to any substandard accommodation or facility in the establishment (i.e. requiring the pet to stay in a garage, storage room, outdoors, in the owner‘s vehicle, etcetera). The establishment has smoking and non-smoking pet-designated units available (unless it is a fully non-smoking establishment). All pet-designated rooms are kept in good, clean condition and are devoid of unpleasant odors (i.e. heavy smoke).
- Fair Kenneling Policies – The establishment does not enforce kenneling of pets at all times during the stay. Pets are allowed outside of their kennel once in the guest room under the supervision of their owners. Acceptable policies include:
- must be kenneled or leashed at all times when in public areas of the establishment. Pets are not to be left unattended in the room.
- Safe Environment – Pet designated common areas and pet designated rooms within the establishment are free of objects or substances that present a danger to pets (i.e. toxic plants, small objects, traffic, etcetera).
- Pet Policies Available Upon Request – Upon request, the establishment can provide clearly written documentation outlining all of its pet-related policies that are in effect (i.e. leash policy, room policy, etcetera).
- Food/Water Bowls – Upon request, the establishment can provide a clean and appropriate drinking/food receptacle (i.e. dish, bowl, etcetera) for pet guests.
- Licensed Accommodation Provider – The establishment is licensed and accredited in the region in which it operates to provide travel accommodations.
Return to Registration Form