Let travellers know their pets are welcome and valued as guests by displaying the Pets Can Stay symbol.
Pets Can Stay is the national certifying and marketing body that has set the standard for dependable pet friendly travel and the accommodation providers that strive to provide a first-rate experience for pet guests and their humans. By establishing partnerships and alliances with government and industry organizations in the US, Canada and Mexico, PetsCanStay.com offers an unparalleled level of support and a vast array of resources and services for pet friendly establishments and the pet loving clientele they cater to. Pets Can Stay certified accommodation providers benefit from standardized criteria for pet policies, pet guest program support and development, exclusive product offerings and marketing initiatives that effectively target the ever-growing sector of pet-toting travelers.
PetsCanStay.com´s primary mandate is to promote and support pet friendly travel across North America. This is achieved by assisting accommodation providers in the development of their pet guest programs and increasing awareness with pet owners of the services and resources available to them when traveling with their pets.
Why list with Pets Can Stay?
Pets Can Stay´s nationally recognized and respected certification gives travelers peace of mind when selecting a certified pet friendly establishment, while the comprehensive marketing program provides support and development for our pet friendly member properties to help fill your rooms. As a Pets Can Stay certified establishment, you will have access to an array of features and benefits including:
- A feature page on petscanstay.com with descriptive pages of your property, unlimited pictorial slideshow of your property, hotel videos,hotel and amenity maps and use of the designated premium certification logo as a member in good standing.
- Marketing support and Pet Guest Program development
- Pets Can Stay travel services
- Recognition and preference from pet loving travelers who will rest assured knowing you are a certified premium provider of pet friendly accommodations
The nationally recognized Pets Can Stay premium certified symbol assures your guests that they will be hospitably welcomed, with pets in tow, and that they’ll receive premium amenities and accommodations when choosing a Pets Can Stay establishment. Wherever the Pets Can Stay certification symbol is displayed, travelers can take comfort in knowing that the service provider adheres to consistent pet related standards and guidelines as laid out by the Pets Can Stay certification program.
How can I become listed as a Pets Can Stay Certified Premium hotel?
Easily! Does your business subscribe to items # 1 through # 8 shown below? Helping establishments refine, develop and market their pet guest programs is Pets Can Stay´s purpose, so let us support you in your efforts to target pet travelers, the fastest growing segment of the North American travel market! Complete our Application form or ask questions directly here.
In response to the growing need for consistent criteria for pet friendly hotels and accommodation providers, Pets Can Stay established a national program with a clearly defined set of standards and guidelines for accommodation providers that accept pet guests. Through its pet friendly policy recommendations, PetsCanStay.com ensures that all of their certified pet friendly properties are safe and enjoyable for all, and that each establishment provides the same exceptional service to their guests, whether they are two or four legged!
The Pets Can Stay Premium designation requires that the establishment has met each of the following premium certification standards:
- Service – The establishment accepts pets and welcomes pet-toting travelers with the same level of service and hospitality that would be offered to guests without pets.
- No Arbitrary Pet Fees – Any additional fees charged to guests traveling with pets reflect the extra cleaning costs or maintenance expenses the lodging incurs for accepting pets. The fee does not represent a financial penalty to the pet owner for simply bringing an animal to the establishment.t
- Acceptable Accommodation and Non-Smoking Options – Not withstanding federal, state, provincial or municipal health regulations and other related codes, guests and/or their pets are not designated to any substandard accommodation or facility in the establishment (i.e. requiring the pet to stay in a garage, storage room, outdoors, in the owner’s vehicle, etcetera). The establishment has smoking and non-smoking pet-designated units available (unless it is a fully non-smoking establishment). All pet-designated rooms are kept in good, clean condition and are devoid of unpleasant odors (i.e. heavy smoke).
- Fair Kenneling Policies – The establishment does not enforce kenneling of pets at all times during the stay. Pets are allowed outside of their kennel once in the guest room under the supervision of their owners. Acceptable policies include:
- Pets must be kenneled or leashed at all times when in public areas of the establishment. Pets must be kenneled if left unattended in room.
- must be kenneled or leashed at all times when in public areas of the establishment. Pets are not to be left unattended in the room.
- Safe Environment – Pet designated common areas and pet designated rooms within the establishment are free of objects or substances that present a danger to pets (i.e. toxic plants, small objects, traffic, etcetera).
- Pet Policies Available Upon Request – Upon request, the establishment can provide clearly written documentation outlining all of its pet-related policies that are in effect (i.e. leash policy, room policy, etcetera).
- Food/Water Bowls – Upon request, the establishment can provide a clean and appropriate drinking/food receptacle (i.e. dish, bowl, etcetera) for pet guests.
- Licensed Accommodation Provider – The establishment is licensed and accredited in the region in which it operates to provide travel accommodations.