Latest survey results reveal there is at least one pet in a majority of most American families. The one thing that virtually all Americans love to do with their pets is to take them along on their holiday and as a result are always looking for new and novel pet-friendly destinations.
Pet-friendly vacations are very easy to plan and these types of trips can be a wonderful experience, as they can create lasting lifetime memories. The best vacations for pets usually involve a vacation rental that gives you and your pet both a home away from home, and a new place to explore. Here are top 3 destinations in the United States for a wonderful memory-creating pet friendly vacation, for both you and your furry family member:
- Charlottesville in Virginia – Charlottesville, located in the eastern foothills of the Blue Ridge, welcomes both you and your four-legged family member.
Things to do:
- For aquatic pursuits, the place has an array of rivers and lakes to fish, swim, and to enjoy kayaking, tubing, and canoeing.
- The key attraction of the city includes Carter Mountain Orchard, Thomas Jefferson’s beguiling hilltop estate Monticello, and many others.
- Treat your taste buds with exotic wines at any of the nearby excellent wineries which allow the pets to rover in the grounds.
- Wisconsin – The best destination for vacationers who love the outdoor activities and wish to spend time with their pets in the lap of nature.
Things to do:
- Take your pet for a leisurely walk to Pattison State Park in Superior, which is also home to Wisconsin’s highest waterfall.
- Taking the pet on vacation should also mean treats and special excursions for your pet. Make your dog or cat feel extra special by taking them to Paws for Treats in Lake Geneva where they can sample treats, have a drink of water and be warmly welcomed and fussed over.
- On the shores of Lake Michigan, travelers at the Juneau Park Paddle-Boats are allowed to bring their pets on the paddle-boats to share a spin together. How novel and fun is that for both you and your pet?
- Arizona – A destination which is always on everyone’s “bucket-list” of must-see destinations. Get out and play with your pet while on a vacation in Arizona as this state has an array of pet-friendly destinations.
Things to do:
- Can you believe that the pets are allowed in Grand Canyon National Park and they are also allowed on trails above the rim?
- Explore many of the key tourist attractions such as the Tuscon, Phoenix, Mesa, and the Flagstaff. Arizona is home to several off-leash parks.
- You can take your pet along with you to the beautiful Charron Vineyards and Winery to taste some delicious wine and to have scrumptious cuisine amid lush green surroundings.
The best vacations are those where your furry friend can be part of all the fun and action. So, no matter where you go, for the most enjoyable dog friendly vacations always book with welcoming accommodation providers that are near to hospitable pet-friendly attractions and services.